Let us help you with these ideas of how to add fun Halloween decorations throughout your home so you can enjoy the holiday.
Halloween may be a favourite and long-awaited holiday for the kids, complete with ghosts, goblins and everything gory, but adding a haunted Halloween feeling to your homedoesn’t have to verge on the grotesque. We love this fun day, too but prefer to keep things a little more chic. Here are some ideas for Halloween inspired decorating ideas that hover somewhere between classy and creepy!
- pumpkins- real or fake. Spray paint them silver, gold or black and stencil a Halloween themed picture on them. High light at front door with a spot light, for an extra haunting feeling.
- Skulls, skulls and more skulls- you can find them in home accessories for everyday use now.
- Table clothes and dinner napkins, mix and match black & orange or black & white.
- Candles- use black or orange candles with your everyday candle sticks.
- Leaves and twigs- real or fake, add a Fall theme that can last till the Holidays.
- Crows and spider webs- definitely fake, can add that extra creepy feeling to your surroundings.
- Fill some of your favorite glass containers or bowls with Halloween treats.
- Decorate your windows with creepy silhouettes of witches and ghoul figures.
- Find old bird cages, spray paint black and fill with crows or other Halloween theme characters and display at your front door.
- And finally, why not dress up in a costume when you answer the front door. Most trick or treaters never expect you all dressed up.
You can find great items at stores like Michaels, Homesence, West Elm, Pottery Barn, your local dollar store or even at the thrift stores such as Value Village.
Search Pinterest for even more ideas...